Clarithromycin Oral Suspension
Clarithromycin belongs to the macrolide class of antibiotics. It is useful in the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, tonsillitis, throat, lungs, heart, skin, etc. It functions by stopping the growth of bacteria inside the body and further killing the bacterias already there. This medication can also be used in the treatment of stomach ulcers if administered in combination with certain anti-ulcer medications.
Clarithromycin is an oral medication to be taken with or without food. It is usually taken once every 12 hours. It is indicated for use in children 6 to 12 years of age. Dosage and length of the course of medication will be determined by your doctor based on the child’s medical condition and other physiological factors.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine
- Also, tell him about any other allergy you have in general.
- Take the dose as directed by the doctor, do not change it by yourself.
- Do tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine also.
- Do not use antibiotics unnecessarily, this may make it ineffective on the future administration
- Avoid using it for viral infections, it is ineffective on viral infections.
- If taking this medication upsets your stomach, then you may take it with food or milk.
- Shake the bottle well before every use.
- Use the measuring cup to measure the actual dosage of the medicine.