Levofloxacin 250 mg Tablet – Levofloxacin 25o mg is an antibiotic that is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections including skin infections, bladder infections, pneumonia, bronchitis, prostate gland infection, and urinary tract infection. It is advised by a number of top-class doctors and physicians to the patients with such bacterial infections. It is offered with the brand name LEVOSTA-250 at Mestra Pharma.
Belonging to the class of medicines Quinolone antibiotics, this medication works by obstructing the growth of bacteria in the body. It interferes with the inner cellular contents of the bacteria and fights infection. It remains stuck to enzymes that are responsible for the splitting of the bacteria and stops the multiplication process. In this way, it kills the bacteria in the body.
Certain drugs should not be taken with Levofloxacin tablets as they may interact with the inactive effects of the medicine. Following are the drugs that must be avoided while taking this medicine:
- Pain-relievers (NSAIDs)
- Acidity Relievers (Cimetidine)
- Blood Sugar Lowering Drugs (Glibenclamide, Insulin)
- Anticonvulsant Medications (Valproate, Phenytoin)
- Anti-Tuberculosis Drugs (Probenecid)
- Anti-Bacterial drugs (Macrolides)
- Immunosuppressant drugs (Cyclosporin)
- Blood thinners (Warfarin)
People with following diseases must avoid taking Levofloxacin Tablets or at least seek consultations of the doctor before taking the tablet:
- Tendonitis; inflammation or swelling of a tendon
- Hemodialysis; kidney dialysis
- Myasthenia Gravis; weakness or fatigue of muscles
- Kidney Dysfunction; also known as kidney failure
- Colitis; inflammation of the large intestine
- Nerve Diseases
Milk, yogurt, and other milk products should not be taken with Levofloxacin Tablets.
The side effects that arise with the consumption of Levofloxacin tablet does not really require immediate medical attention as they eventually resolve over time. Regardless, if the symptoms do not go away and become persist, then there is a certain need to seek medical advice. The common side effects of Levofloxacin 250mg Tablet are as follows:
- Trouble Sleeping
1. What to do if a dose of Levofloxacin is missed?
If a dose is missed, do not take double doses to make it up with the missed one as it may cause harmful effects. Take the other scheduled dose on time.
2. Does Levofloxacin causes birth defects in the fetus in pregnant ladies?
No, this tablet does not cause harmful effects on the fetus but it is still advised to take doctor consultations by pregnant women to take Levofloxacin Tablets.
3. Can the consumption of medicine be discontinued after symptoms get better?
It is recommended to not discontinue the usage of this medication even if the symptoms get better because it will become difficult to treat the comeback of the infection due to the impedance that microbes develop on non-completion of the course.