Amoxicillin 500 mg + Clavulanic Acid 125 mg + Lactic Acid Bacillus 60 Million Spores Tablet – The triple combination of Amoxicillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus in this tablet is indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections of the skin, tooth, bone, respiratory tract, genito-urinary tract, etc. Offered with the brand name MOXSTA-CV-LB, this tablet is one of the most demanded products of Mestra Pharma.
Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as chest infections, dental abscesses, etc. It gets into the fight with bacteria and destroys it whole into the body. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces resistance and promotes the actions of Amoxicillin against bacteria. It has a high similarity that binds to certain lactamases that inactivate amoxicillin that separates its lactam ring. Further, Lactic Acid Bacillus helps in restoring the balance of bacteria in the body.
Special Notes Advised by the Professionals
- Discontinue the usage of this tablet if itchy rash, breathing difficulties, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat develop into the body and consult the doctor.
- Finish the course prescribed by the doctor even if the symptoms disappear as discontinuing it early may make the infection return and even harder to treat.
- One must notify the doctor if he is allergic to amoxicillin and clavulanic acid or to penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics or any other allergies.
Just like every other medicine, this tablet is also associated with several common side effects. But there are no guaranteed studies about the definite occurrence of the same. Mentioned below are the common side effects of Amoxicillin, Clavulanic Acid, and Lactic Acid Bacillus that may or may not appear:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who cannot take Amoxicillin 500 mg + Clavulanic Acid 125 mg + Lactic Acid Bacillus 60 Million Spores Tablet?
It is not advised for people with penicillin allergy to take this tablet as it may give a rise to allergy symptoms in the body.
- Does this Medicine Work for Viral Infections?
No, this medicine only treats bacterial infections and does not work for viral infections such as cold, flu. Taking this medicine to treat the infection that is not meant to be treated will result in adverse side effects.
- What is the accurate dose and duration of Amoxicillin 500 mg + Clavulanic Acid 125 mg + Lactic Acid Bacillus 60 Million Spores Tablet?
This medicine should be taken every 8-12 hours or as prescribed by the doctor. Take it with a full meal to lessen the chances of an upset stomach.