Sulbactam Sodium + Cefoperazone Injection – Combination of two active ingredients, Sulbactam Sodium and Cefoperazone is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections which include infections of the skin, respiratory tract, abdomen, and female reproductive organs. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor antibiotic whereas Cefoperazone is a cephalosporin antibiotic that get merged as one in an injection named PATHOZONE SB at Mestra Pharma.
How to Use Sulbactam Sodium + Cefoperazone Injectable
The dosage of Sulbactam Sodium is 0.5gm and the Cefoperazone is 1 gm in this injection. The medication should be carried out every 12 hours in equally divided doses. The dosage can be increased or decreased by the doctor according to the severity and span of symptoms. This injectable is given by the doctor itself.
Precautions to Take Before Using Sulbactam Sodium + Cefoperazone Injection
- Do not increase the dosage of the medication without consulting the doctor.
- Make sure to not self-treat it as this injectable is recommended to give by the doctors only.
- Do not use more than the prescribed dose of the injection.
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding women must avoid using this injection or consult with the doctor for case-specific recommendations.
- Do not suggest the injection to other people even if they have similar symptoms.
- Do not use an extra dose of the medication to make up for the missed dose.
One should not use Sulbactam Sodium + Cefoperazone Injection if he has or had
- kidney diseases
- liver diseases