Cefixime 200mg Tablet – Cefixime is an antibiotic medication that is a division of a class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. It is used to treat a broad variety of bacterial infections affecting the lungs, ears, tonsils, throat, kidneys, bladders, urethra, etc. It is manufactured and delivered at Mestra Pharma with the brand name CEFEST 200.
Cefixime performs its functions by obstructing the enlargement of bacteria in the body that causes infections. It destroys the bacteria by restricting them to form a bacterial protection layer, i.e., a cell wall which is required for them to outlive in the body. Cefixime Tablet is generally used in the treatment of the conditions like gonorrhea, pneumonia, bronchitis, and also for sexually transmitted diseases. This tablet is sometimes used to treat sinus infections in penicillin-allergic patients, typhoid fever, and shigella; an infection that causes severe diarrhea.
How to Use Cefixime Tablet for Better Results?
It is advised that this medication should be taken in accordance with the directions of a healthcare expert. Take this medication with food in the dose and duration suggested by the doctor. Take it as per the fixed schedule. Consume this medication twice a day after every 12 hours.
Things to be Remembered While Consuming the Tablet
It is mandatory to use this medication by keeping in mind some necessary points. Have a look at them:
- Continue consuming this medication until the complete prescribed amount by the physician is finished, even if the symptoms fade out.
- Do not stop the medicine over soon as it may generate a re-awakening of the bacteria that will result in the recurrence of the infection.
- If the symptoms do not recover during the first few days of the treatment, immediately consult the doctor.
- Discontinue the usage of Cefixime 200 tablet if the symptoms of itchiness, rashes, swelling on the face or mouth, or trouble breathing turn up.
When Not to Use Cefixime Tablet?
Do not take this medication to treat certain types of viral infections such as cold, flu, etc., as antibiotics are not meant to treat such infections other than bacterial infections. Moreover, people with the following conditions must not consider taking this medication:
- Allergy to Cefixime
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (affecting the stomach and intestines)
There are least chances that Cefixime 200mg Tablet leads to side effects. But if the side effects took birth, they really do not require complete medical attention as they generally fade out on their own as the body gets informal with the medicine. The common side effects of this tablet include:
- Stomach Pain
- Vomiting, etc.
If these symptoms do not fade away and become severe by lingering to the body, then one must not ignore them and seek medical advice.