Levocetirizine Hydrochloride 5 mg Tablet – Levocetirizine is an antihistamine medicine that is used to relieve the allergy symptoms associated with a runny nose, redness, itching, sneezing, etc. This medication is also useful in tearing of the eyes caused by seasonal allergies, hay fever, and allergies to certain other substances including dust mites, mold, and animal dander. It is delivered with the trade name CETISFY-L by Mestra Pharma.
Working Mechanism of Levocetirizine Hydrochloride
There is a certain natural substance in the body called histamine that causes allergic symptoms like itching, watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, etc. Levocetirizine works by blocking the actions of this substance that the body makes during the allergic reaction. This medicine is also used to treat the symptoms of perennial (yearlong) allergies in children above 6 months old. Moreover, itching and swelling caused by chronic urticaria (hives) in adults can also be effectively treated with this tablet.
Crucial Points to Pay Attention Before Taking the Medicine
- Inform the doctor if there was any occurrence of an allergic reaction with Levocetirizine or Cetirizine in the past or at present as the medication may contain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions or certain other problems.
- Fend off the usage of alcohol during the course of this tablet as it may add drowsy effects to the body.
- Know about the potential risks of taking Levocetirizine Tablet if pregnant and avoid the consumption of this medicine while breastfeeding.
- Do not increase the dose or duration of the medicine as per your own knowledge, without consulting the doctor.
- Immediately notify the doctor if the condition gets worse or a serious medical problem persists.
- One must be cautious while consuming liquid products that contain sugar or aspartame if he is dealing with diabetes, phenylketonuria, or any other health disease that requires avoidance of such substances in the diet.
Side Effects of Levocetirizine Hydrochloride Tablet
There are unusual chances of the arrival of side effects after taking Levocetirizine Hydrochloride Tablet. It is because of the inactive ingredients present in the medication that may not suit a person’s body. But, as the medication is prescribed by the doctor, he must know that the side effects do not last long or that the amount of benefits is higher than the side effects. This is the reason why these after medicine effects do not require major medical attention.
Look at the common side effects of this tablet:
- Dry Mouth
- Sore Throat
- Cough, etc.