Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablet -is a combination of two anti-diabetic drugs, Metformin and Gliclazide, that is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. Gliclazide and metformin tablets are helpful in controlling blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes. It is offered with the brand name GLOZIDE-M at the Best Gliclazide & Metformin HCL Tablet Manufacturer, Mestra Pharma.
In Glozide-M, Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea that works by exceeding the amount of insulin dispensed by the pancreas to lower blood glucose levels and, metformin is a biguanide that conveys its actions by reducing the manufacturing of glucose in the liver. Metformin works by delaying the glucose absorption from the intestines and extending the body’s sensitivity to insulin. In this way, Glozide-M effectively treats type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Medical Uses of Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablet
Glozide-M is a combination of two medicines, Gliclazide and Metformin. Glozide-M is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). Glozide-M improves blood glucose levels in adults when taken along with proper diet and regular exercise. In Glozide-M, Gliclazide lowers the blood glucose levels by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and Metformin works by reducing the glucose manufacturing in the liver and treats insulin sensitivity.
Side Effects of Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablet
There are mild to moderate side effects of Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets that get resolved over time. Immediately inform your doctor in case the side effects of Glozide-M persist or get severe with time. The side effects of Glozide-M may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological conditions and response to the therapy. The range of side effects noticed on using the Glozide-M are mentioned as follows:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Diseases that May Interact With Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablets
Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets may not be used in certain diseases that are more likely to interact with the positive effects of the medicine. People with the following health disorders must avoid the consumption of Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets without the prescriptions of the doctor,
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Drugs that May Interact With Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablet
Glozide-M Tablets may interact with certain drugs that may lower the effectiveness of the drug or may create interference. Thus, inform the doctor before taking the below-mentioned medicines with Glozide-M tablets:
- Blood Pressure Lowering medicines such as – amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide,
- Steroids, prednisolone,
- Diuretics or Water Pills, furosemide,
- Anti-hypertensive, metoprolol,
- Heart-failure related Medicines like digoxin.
- Thyroid hormones
Main Points to Consider While Taking Gliclazide 80 MG + Metformin 500 MG Tablets
- Make sure to monitor your blood sugar levels on a regular basis while taking Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets.
- Do not consume alcohol or other anti-diabetic medicines with Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets as it may lead to hypoglycemia, low blood sugar levels which include symptoms like headache, sweating, irritability, fast heart rate, hunger, etc.
- Do not delay or skip a meal with Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets.
- Avoid using Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets if you are allergic to any of the components or excipients present in the medicine.
- Do not discontinue the consumption of Metformin+Gliclazide Tablets without consulting the doctor even if you feel better as there are fluctuations in sugar levels.